200 Talbot Road West
College Website: http://www.StClairCollege.ca
Department: Zekelman School of Business & Information Technology
Competition #: 20-F-09
Campus: South Campus, Windsor
Posting Type: Internal
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Closing Date: Wednesday October 7, 2020 by 4:30pm
Presentation Required: Yes
Start Date: January, 2021
St. Clair College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. The Zekelman School of Business & IT requires a full-time professor to teach in the Office Administration Health Services program:
Candidates must be available to teach Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
The responsibilities of St. Clair College Professors include, but are not limited to:
• Creating a positive learning environment that accommodate students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
• Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
• Effectively using educational technologies to support learning, manage and post grades;
• Developing curriculum that uses appropriate strategies and tools to assess student learning;
• Ensuring that course and program curriculum is current and relevant;
• Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
• Working effectively with students, the program team and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
• A combination of a diploma or advanced diploma and/or baccalaureate degree with at least five years’ recent and relevant experience in a medical office, medical clinics, general and specialized healthcare offices, hospitals or alternative healthcare facilities with electronic medical records administration experience. A graduate degree in health care administration would be an asset;
• Strong knowledge and experience in medical terminology, medical transcription, medical office management, electronic medical records & billing, pharmacology, client care, relevant legislation, and Microsoft Office;
• Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
• Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning and proven approach to life-long learning;
• Excellent organizational and time management skills;
• Self-motivated and independent worker who also functions well in a team environment;
• Commitment to diversity and equity are essential to interact effectively with the College’s diverse student and staff population;
• Understanding of the Ontario community college system;
• Flexibility in adapting to change and in participating in consultative decision-making processes;
• Teaching experience at the post-secondary level with a demonstrated application of adult educational principles and teaching/assessment methodologies would be considered an asset;
• Must be able to teach online, as required.
Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide a 15-minute teaching demonstration. Details will be provided when interviews are scheduled.
Please forward your resume quoting the competition # by online application at https://www.stclaircollege.ca/careers/apply. This link includes those who have worked for the College within 1 year of this posting. Resumes must be received prior to the closing date and time.
All active internal applicants (including MUST apply through the St. Clair College online application system: https://www.stclaircollege.ca/careers/apply