376 Wallbridge-Loyalist Road
P.O. Box 4200
College Website: http://www.LoyalistC.on.ca
Start Date: August, 2022
Location: Main Campus, Belleville
School: Applied Sciences, Skills and Technology
Posting Date: May 18, 2022
Closing Date: open until filled
Academic salaries are determined by a calculation based on qualifications and years of related experience as detailed in the Collective Agreement for Academic Employees
Loyalist College is located on the territory of the Huron-Wendat, the Anishinaabeg, and the Haudenosaunee people. We acknowledge our shared obligation to respect, honour, and sustain these lands and the natural resources contained within.
Loyalist College is Ontario’s Destination College – empowering students, faculty, staff, and partners through experiential, industry focused, cluster-based education, training, and applied research programs. Located on more than 200 acres in the beautiful Bay of Quinte region, the College is perfectly positioned between Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal. Loyalist College is a close-knit community where students and their success come first. Loyalist provides personalized attention in small classes, rewarding field placements, and superior student services. Its Belleville, Bancroft, and Toronto campuses and Port Hope satellite location support programs and services for more than 6,000 full-time and 8,000 part-time students each year.
Reporting to the Dean, School of Applied Sciences, Skills and Technology, the incumbent facilitates the delivery of a range of courses in the Biosciences program. The incumbent will incorporate a variety of teaching, learning and assessment strategies that are designed to meet the needs of learners.
• Implements a range of delivery strategies, which complements the varied learning styles represented in a current college classroom and encourages a cooperative learning climate, incorporating evidence-based practice and best practice guidelines
• Develops and implements curriculum, course learning outcomes and assessment strategies, ensuring that they reflect program goals
• Defines, evaluates and validates learning outcomes for courses and programs, ensuring that students are aware of relevant learning outcomes, strategies and assessment techniques
• Supports student progress in assigned courses through individual tutorial and academic counseling
• Engages in ongoing faculty development opportunities and effectively liaises with colleagues and other College and community partners to maintain a collaborative and relevant learning environment
• Contributes to program development by participating in the Provincial Program Review processes and maintenance of the program accountability portfolio
• Assists in program awareness and program recruitment activities
• Assists with the creation and supervision of student field placements as assigned
• Incorporates appropriate technological tools that support the learning environment
• Implements a range of delivery strategies to foster an inclusive learning environment.
• Participates in the scholarship of teaching and learning
• Completion of an PhD in Science with a concentration in the Biosciences
• Minimum of eight (8) years’ practical full-time experience working in a laboratory facility
• Ability to demonstrate hands on laboratory techniques at all level
• Training as a biotechnologist considered an asset
• A commitment to excellence in educational delivery demonstrated through 5 years experience in college environment
• An ability to apply an understanding of diversity and inclusiveness to meet the needs of a diverse student population
• A demonstrated understanding of the principles of adult learning along with experience teaching adult learners and developing curriculum;
previous teaching experience particularly in the college environment is an asset
• An ability to work within a collaborative environment demonstrated through a strong network of contacts with other professionals, agencies and employers
• Computer literacy and a willingness to learn and utilize learning tools (such asCanvas) employed at the college to enhance student success
TO APPLY: Applications must be submitted quoting the competition #ACA22-02R in the email subject line. Please send a covering letter and a resume in MS Word or PDF format to:
People and Culture
Posted in accordance with Article 27.11B of the Academic Employees Collective Agreement
Please note: Following an offer of employment, candidates with Canadian credentials will be required to provide official transcripts from the granting educational institution(s); candidates with international credentials must provide World Education Services (WES) www.wes.org/ca evaluation (at their own cost) confirming Canadian equivalency of their credentials.
Loyalist is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive college community. We encourage and welcome applications from marginalized and equity seeking groups. Loyalist College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you have accommodation needs, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an email to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted