376 Wallbridge-Loyalist Road
P.O. Box 4200
College Website: http://www.LoyalistC.on.ca
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Faculty
DEPARTMENT: Applied Science, Skills, and Technology (ASST)
PROGRAM: Manufacturing and Mechatronics
LOCATION: Main Campus, Belleville
STARTING SALARY: $67,893 – $117,697 (Academic salaries are determined by a calculation based on qualifications and years of related experience as detailed in the Collective Agreement for Academic Employees)
PROFESSOR, MANUFACTURING and MECHATRONICS
Reporting to the Associate Dean, Skilled Trades and Apprenticeship, the incumbent facilitates the delivery of a range of theory and practical hands-on courses in both our Manufacturing and Mechatronics programs with the potential for assignment to other related programs based on experience and education. The incumbent will incorporate a variety of teaching, learning and assessment strategies that are designed to meet the needs of learners. The incumbent will also participate in research and scholarship initiatives. In addition, the Professor will have the opportunity to provide academic leadership in the coordination of courses and/or programs in accordance with the collective agreement and College procedures.
• Implements a range of delivery strategies, which complements the varied learning styles represented in a post-secondary classroom and encourages a cooperative learning climate, incorporating evidence-based practice and best practice guidelines and creates a positive learning environment
• Develops and implements curriculum, course learning outcomes and assessment strategies, ensuring that they reflect program goals
• Defines, evaluates and validates learning outcomes for courses and programs, ensuring that students are aware of relevant learning outcomes, strategies and assessment techniques
• Supports student progress in assigned courses through individual tutorial and academic counseling
• Engages in ongoing faculty development opportunities and effectively liaises with colleagues and other College and community partners to maintain a collaborative and relevant learning environment
• Contributes to program development by participating in the Provincial Program Review processes and maintenance of the program accountability portfolio
• Assists in program awareness and program recruitment activities
• Assists with the creation and supervision of student field placements as assigned
• Incorporates appropriate technological tools that support the learning environment
• Implements a range of delivery strategies to foster an inclusive learning environment.
• Completion of a both C of A and C of Q for 442 A industrial electrician and Red Seal 433A industrial Mechanic Millwright. A degree in engineering in a relevant field will also be considered. Applicants that have both Electrical Engineering Technology diplomas and Manufacturing Engineering Technology diplomas may be considered with relevant certifications.
• Minimum of eight years of relevant progressive industry experience in a manufacturing facility. Candidates with an Engineering degree will require 5 years of progressive industry experience.
• Excellent grounding in best practice and emerging knowledge, skills and attitudes in the field
• A commitment to excellence in educational delivery demonstrated through experience in a variety of teaching and learning environments
• A demonstrated understanding of the principles of adult learning along with experience teaching adult learners, developing curriculum in a college environment is an asset
• An ability to apply an understanding of diversity and inclusiveness to meet the needs of a diverse student population
• Computer literacy and a willingness to learn and utilize learning tools (such as Canvas) employed at the college to enhance student success
• An ability to work within a collaborative environment demonstrated through a strong network of contacts with other professionals, agencies, and employers
How to Apply
Please find the above position on our Employment Opportunities webpage, by following this link: https://www.loyalistcollege.com/employm ... oyalist-2/
In accordance with Article 27.11 of the Academic Collective Agreement, internal candidates as defined in the Collective Agreement will be given first consideration.
Please note: Following an offer of employment, candidates with Canadian credentials will be required to provide official transcripts from the granting educational institution(s); candidates with international credentials must provide World Education Services (WES) www.wes.org/ca evaluation (at their own cost) confirming Canadian equivalency of their credentials.
Loyalist is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive college community. We encourage and welcome applications from marginalized and equity seeking groups. Loyalist College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you have accommodation needs, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.