376 Wallbridge-Loyalist Road
P.O. Box 4200
College Website: http://www.LoyalistC.on.ca
PROGRAM: Paramedic (PMED)
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time faculty
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: School of Health, Human and Justice Studies
LOCATION: Main Campus, Belleville, ON
POSTING DATE: June 3, 2021
CLOSING DATE: June 10, 2021
START DATE: August, 2021
COMPETITION #: ACA21-04NR
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $66,555 - $115,378 (Academic salaries are determined by a calculation based on qualifications and years of related experience as detailed in the Collective Agreement for Academic Employees)
A Paramedic with recent industry experience and a passion for lifelong learning in the field will welcome this opportunity to join our full-time faculty team. Reporting to the Dean, Health, Human and Justice Studies, the incumbent facilitates the delivery of a range of courses in the PMED program incorporating a variety of teaching, learning and assessment strategies that are designed to meet the needs of learners.
• Implements a range of delivery strategies, which complements the varied learning styles represented in a current college classroom and encourages a cooperative learning climate, incorporating evidence-based practice and best practice guidelines
• Develops and implements course learning outcomes and assessment strategies, ensuring program goals are reflected
• Defines, evaluates and validates learning outcomes for courses and programs, ensuring that students are aware of relevant learning outcomes, strategies, and assessment techniques
• Supports student progress in assigned courses through individual tutorial and academic counseling
• Engages in ongoing faculty development opportunities and effectively liaises with colleagues and other College and community partners to maintain a collaborative and relevant learning environment
• Contributes to program development by participating in the Provincial Program Review processes
• Assists in program awareness and program recruitment activities
• Assists with the creation and supervision of student field placements as assigned
• Incorporates appropriate technological tools that support the learning environment
• Advanced Emergency Medical Care Assistant (AEMCA) certified paramedic in good standing with a base hospital
• A Baccalaureate degree in a related health, science or education field preferred. A Master’s degree in education would be considered an asset.
• A commitment to excellence in teaching and learning demonstrated through at least five (5) years’ experience teaching in a post secondary paramedic program
• Proficiency in the use of technology enhanced teaching and learning tools and applications such as LMS’s, Microsoft suite of applications and supportive online delivery application to support alternatively delivered programming (Teams, Zoom, Blackboard, etc.).
• Minimum of five to seven (5-7) years of recent Paramedic practical experience is required
• An ability to develop and review appropriate curriculum that conveys the current knowledge, skills and attitudes that are aligned with best practices in the field
• Computer literacy and a willingness to learn and utilize learning tools (such as Blackboard) employed at the college to enhance student success
• Experience with simulation technology in education is preferred.
• A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a range of internal and external partners including other members of the faculty team
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills, conflict, stress management and resiliency
TO APPLY: Applications must be submitted quoting the competition # ACA21-04NR in the email subject line. Please send a covering letter and a resume in MS Word or PDF format to:
People and Culture
In accordance with the Collective Agreement for Academic Employees, first consideration will be given to applicants as defined in Article 27.11B.
Loyalist is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive college community. We encourage and welcome applications from marginalized and equity seeking groups. Loyalist College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you have accommodation needs, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an email to email@example.com.
Please note: Following an offer of employment, candidates with Canadian credentials will be required to provide official transcripts from the granting educational institution(s); candidates with international credentials must provide World Education Services (WES) www.wes.org/ca evaluation (at their own cost) confirming Canadian equivalency of their credentials.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.