1457 London Road
College Website: http://www.LambtonCollege.ca
About the Position:
As a member of Lambton’s world class Faculty, you will teach, participate in curriculum development and conduct research related to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree program at Lambton. We seek applicants who are committed to excellence in undergraduate teaching in a student-centered environment and have an interest in scholarly and research activities that contribute to evidence informed curriculum, as well as an innovative and positive research environment.
All candidates selected for an interview may be asked to present on a topic related to the position. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a Professor within the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree program you will:
• Support an effective learning environment through the design of tailored teaching and learning delivery strategies, which support student success, student engagement and that focus on evidence-based practice and best practice guidelines.
• Define and connect appropriate learning outcomes and student assessment techniques to overall School and program goals.
• Actively engage in the scholarship of teaching and learning, including an active research profile and pursuit of funding to support such work.
• Support student learning and progress, create assessments, rubrics, and evaluate student achievement.
• Engage in ongoing professional development activities and collaborate with colleagues, other Colleges and community partners to maintain professional competency in support of a learning environment and objectives based on the most up to date professional knowledge and practice.
• Actively contribute to program development through participation in various committees, employing best practices from across the College system.
• Assist and support program promotion and student recruitment activities.
• Assists with the creation and supervision of student field placements as assigned.
• Utilize appropriate technological resources that support an engaging learning environment.
These positions will report to the Associate Dean, School of Health, Community Services & Creative Design. Salary range for this position is as per the Academic Collective Agreement - $66,555 to $115,378. A full suite of health benefits, pension, vacation entitlement, professional development and relocation funding round out the total compensation package available.
• A Doctorate degree (PhD / ABD) in Nursing or a closely related discipline is required.
• Current registration, in good standing, with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Five (5) years recent clinical and teaching experience, ideally in an acute care setting, is preferred.
• Experience with curriculum design and development would be considered an asset.
• Experience utilizing adult learning principles in teaching and assessment methodologies, curriculum design and development, would be considered an asset.
• Effectively role model Lambton’s core values in teaching and research.
• Evidence of scholarly activity, such as research management, publications, conference presentations, and research projects.
• Evidence of maintaining excellence in research through mentorship and support.
• Self-motivated and independent individual who as functions well in a team environment.
• Superior oral and written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills and familiarity with MS Office products as well as digital learning solutions.
• Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, and cultural understanding
Lambton College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest and wish to advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lambton College hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. In support of a diverse and inclusive college community, Lambton College welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.