1457 London Road
College Website: http://www.LambtonCollege.ca
Become a valued member of our Faculty at Lambton College and discover a rewarding way to leverage your professional expertise. Part coach, part teacher, part mentor and 100% advocate for your students, you will provide a dynamic learning environment where everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential. You will utilize a variety of instructional techniques and delivery methods to bring our curriculum to life for your students. At Lambton College we are moving forward with focus. As a member of our faculty, you’re in a position to make it happen.
The Professor will be responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective environment through the design and revision of programs and course objectives, defining and evaluating learning outcomes, developing appropriate teaching and learning environments, and developing / selecting appropriate learning materials. You will be expected to tutor and counsel students as well as evaluate student achievement. Participating in the work of curriculum, program advisory and other committees, and keeping current in your field through consultation with business and industry representatives are essential components of these positions. You will champion the development of customized training and educational programs in collaboration with public and private sector partners. Program promotion and student recruitment are essential areas of responsibility.
• Qualified applicants will possess a minimum of a Bachelor's degree or preferably a Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering with 7 years of experience.
• The successful candidate should be a P. Eng registered in Ontario or should be eligible to become a P. Eng.
• An active TSSA 4th class Operating Engineer Certificate or higher would be an asset.
• Preference will be granted to candidates with experience teaching in a post-secondary environment and/or experience in industrial research.
• Qualified applicants will possess experience with process simulation, process control as well as a plant operations background.
• Demonstrated experience in design/operations of heat exchangers and or distillation columns, experience with predictive and root cause analysis and a focus on safety are strong assets.
• The applicant should have current knowledge in the following areas: WHMIS, TDG, process drawing fundamentals, piping systems, air compressors, HVAC systems, steam and gas turbines, and petroleum refining principles and processes.