1457 London Road
College Website: http://www.LambtonCollege.ca
Lambton College of Applied Arts & Technology invites applications from qualified individuals for clinical nursing professor positions, during the day shift and afternoon shift , in the Practical Nursing (PN) and Bachelor of Science – Nursing (BScN) programs.
This requires a 2 to 3 day commitment per week.
These positions will begin in January 2022, pending sufficient enrolment.
Successful incumbents may be required to complete a clinical agency specific orientation.
• Creating a positive teaching and learning environment; being available for email contact on a daily basis (week days);
• Preparing lesson or clinical daily plans and providing instruction using a variety of teaching techniques and current technologies that enhance student success;
• Delivering courses in accordance with curriculum standards;
• Preparing, administering, and grading assignments, quizzes, and examinations in a timely manner;
• Monitoring student performance, maintaining progress reports and encouraging their success;
• Consulting with colleagues as required;
• Follow the Academic Calendar and other policies and procedures.
Candidates must be able to work cooperatively with students, faculty, and personnel in clinical agencies. Must be computer literate. Experience with Microsoft Office suite of programs; Brightspace (D2L) or other Learning Management Systems; and, Meditech or other computer documentation programs, is preferable. Teaching experience with adult learners is preferred.
Candidates must be registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario. Candidates for teaching in the PN program must have a minimum of an RPN diploma (experience in the expanded scope of practice), or be an RN and have recent clinical experience in medical-surgical acute care, long term care.
Candidates for teaching in the BScN program must be an RN with a BScN degree; Master’s degree in Nursing preferred. Recent work experience in medical-surgical acute care, long-term care, paediatric and maternal-child settings is desirable.