Posting Date: January 24, 2024
Salary Range: $73,079-$126,689 (As per the Academic Collective Agreement)
Effective Date: April 2024
This position will be assigned a WINTER / SUMMER rotation but teaching assignments may be changed by the Dean/Associate Dean and occur in any of the three semesters.
The department of Engineering and Environmental Technologies, Skilled Trades is seeking a full-time Professor for the Electromechanical Engineering Technician & Technology - Mechatronics programs. As a faculty member at Georgian College, you will have the opportunity to apply your passion for teaching and share your rich industry experience by creating a supportive and effective learning environment which allows students to achieve their full academic potential. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Develop and deliver a wide variety of courses in our Electromechanical Engineering Technician / Technology - Mechatronics programs.
• Evaluate student progress/achievement.
• Maintain subject expertise through contact with industry, other educational institutions and/or professional organizations.
• Create and maintain a positive learning environment.
• Incorporate a variety of learning/teaching strategies to meet student needs.
• Participate in portfolio / academic / campus and college-wide activities as required.
• Participate in course/curriculum revision, course/program revision and renewal activities.
• Develop alternative delivery strategies, and online course development and teaching, as required.
• Detailed descriptions of responsibilities are defined in the classification definition of professor in the Academic Collective Agreement.
• Completed Masters Degree in Engineering or PhD in Mechanical/Aerospace, Electrical, or Electrical Mechanical (Mechatronics), Computer Engineering.
• Must hold a valid Professional Engineering license.
• A minimum of 6 years of combined previous teaching experience at a postsecondary level and engineering work experience.
• Demonstrated experience in some or all of the following areas:
o CAD (Computer Aided Design) and Finite Element Analysis using SolidWorks;
o Fabricating and designing components using both Subtractive and Additive Manufacturing;
o Mechanical design and analysis involving concepts in Solid Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Instrumentation, Kinematics, Machine Design, and Industrial Maintenance; and
o Computer programming and smart manufacturing.
• Proven ability to contribute to, and work in, a positive team environment and to foster the same in their students.
• Commitment to life-long learning and growing partnerships.
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse student populations and different pedagogical approaches
• Ability to effectively integrate new technology and information resources into teaching and learning.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite.
ADDITIONAL ASSET / PREFERRED:
• Experience with online course development and / or online teaching.
• Demonstrated experience with curriculum development, universal design for learning, optimising delivery strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising, and student success strategies.
• Experience in some or all of the following: curriculum development, work integrated learning and/or program / student retention strategies.
• Computer literacy in Learning Management Software (i.e. Blackboard) and Student Information Systems.
• Ability to effectively integrate new technology into teaching and learning.
• The ability to teach in more than one subject or program area.
• Expertise in computer aided manufacturing, laser metrology, and electrical / pneumatics.
• Demonstrated ability in the area of critical thinking, analysis and assessment of implications.
• Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certification Training.
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to present a teaching lesson during the interview and / or present a professional portfolio.
Acceptable proof of education (degrees, credentials) from recognized post-secondary institutions or confirmation of international equivalencies will be required as part of the selection process.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. We invite applications from all qualified candidates and actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to persons of Aboriginal ancestry, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. If you are contacted to participate in the interview, please advise the coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Us and then to Career Opportunities.
Applications for this position must be received by 11:59 p.m. February 7, 2024. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.