Posting Date: September 21, 2022
Salary Range: $67,893 – $117,697 (As per the Academic Collective Agreement)
Effective Date: December 19, 2022
This position will be assigned a winter/summer rotation but teaching assignments may be changed by the Dean and occur in any of the three semesters.
We are seeking three full-time Professors to teach courses in Liberal Arts. As a faculty member in the Liberal Arts academic area at Georgian College, you will have the opportunity to apply your passion for teaching by creating a supportive and effective learning environment which allows students to achieve their full academic potential. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Developing and delivering a variety of courses in Liberal Arts which may include Communications, General Education, degree breadth, and General Arts and Science courses
- Evaluating student progress / achievement
- Maintaining subject expertise related to courses developed and delivered
- Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment
- Incorporating a variety of learning / teaching strategies and technologies to meet student needs
- Participating in portfolio / academic / campus and college-wide activities as required
- Participating in course / curriculum revision, course / program revision and renewal activities
- Developing alternative delivery strategies, as well as online course development and delivery, as required
- Detailed descriptions of responsibilities are defined in the classification definition of professor in the Academic Collective Agreement
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline or field of study related to Liberal Arts such as Humanities, Social Sciences, Education, or Communications
- A minimum of three years’ experience teaching in a postsecondary environment in subjects within Liberal Arts disciplines such as Humanities, Social Sciences, Sciences, Education or Communications
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to contribute to, and work in, a positive team environment and to foster the same in their students
- Commitment to life-long learning
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse student populations
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience teaching foundational and upper level Communication courses
- Experience with online course development and / or online teaching
- Experience in some or all of the following: curriculum development, universal design for learning, a variety of delivery strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising and student success strategies
- Computer literacy: Learning Management Software / Web Delivery Software (i.e. Blackboard) and Student Information Systems
- The ability to effectively integrate new technology into teaching and learning
- The ability to teach in more than one subject or program area
Acceptable proof of education (degrees, credentials) from recognized post-secondary institutions or confirmation of international equivalencies will be required as part of the selection process.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. We invite applications from all qualified candidates and actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to persons of Indigenous ancestry, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, women and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. If you are contacted to participate in the interview, please advise the coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Consideration will first be given to qualified internal full-time and partial-load employees, in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Us and then to Career Opportunities.
Applications for this position must be received by 11:59 p.m. October 5, 2022. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.