One Georgian Drive
College Website: http://www.GeorgianC.on.ca
Campus: Orangeville and Barrie
Posting Date: November 25, 2021
Salary Range: $66,555 - $115,378 (as per Academic Collective Agreement)
Effective Date: January 2022
This position will be assigned a Fall / Winter rotation but teaching assignments may be changed by the Dean/Associate Dean to occur in any of the three semesters.
We are seeking a full-time Professor to teach in our International Nursing, Post-Graduate certificate programs. As a faculty member in the Health, Wellness and Sciences academic area at Georgian College, you will have the opportunity to apply your passion for teaching and share your rich industry experience by creating a supportive and effective learning environment which allows students to achieve their full academic potential. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Developing and delivering a wide variety of courses in our Internationally Educated Nurses, Graduate Certificate programs
• Evaluating student progress / achievement
• Maintaining subject expertise through professional development, contact with industry, other educational institutions and / or professional bodies
• Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment
• Incorporating a variety of learning / teaching strategies to meet student needs
• Participating in portfolio / academic / campus and college-wide activities as required
• Participating in course / curriculum revision, program revision and renewal activities
• Developing alternative delivery strategies, and online course development and teaching, as required
• Detailed descriptions of responsibilities are defined in the classification definition of professor in the Academic Collective Agreement
• A Bachelor of Science in Nursing with a Master’s degree in nursing
• Must possess and maintain current registration, in good standing, as a Registered Nurse (RN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
• A minimum of five years’ experience in a nursing practice setting
• Previous teaching experience at a postsecondary level and / or adult training experience
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to contribute to, and work in, a positive team environment and to foster the same in their students
• Ability to effectively integrate new technology into teaching and learning
• Commitment to life-long learning
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse student populations
• Computer literacy: Microsoft Office Suite
Additional Asset / Preferred:
• Nurse Practitioner Registered Nurse – Extended Class (RN(EC))
• Experience with acute care nursing
• Experience with gerontology and/or palliative care nursing
• Experience teaching Internationally Educated Nurses
• Experience with online course development and / or online teaching
• Experience in some or all of the following: curriculum development, universal design for learning, a variety of delivery strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising and student success strategies
• Computer literacy: Learning Management Software (i.e. Blackboard) and Student Information Systems
• The ability to teach in more than one program area
The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of Professional Liability Insurance
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to present a teaching lesson during the interview and / or present a professional portfolio.
Acceptable proof of education (degrees, credentials) from recognized post-secondary institutions or confirmation of international equivalencies will be required as part of the selection process.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Consideration will first be given to qualified internal full time and partial-load employees, in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Us and then to Career Opportunities.
Georgian College has a COVID-19 vaccination procedure in place. As a condition of employment, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 to work on any campus, or a facility owned, operated or controlled by Georgian College unless they have a valid medical or religious belief/creed reason for not getting vaccinated, which reason will be considered on a case by case basis and which will be subject to the College’s accommodation processes.
Applications for this position must be received by 11:59 p.m. on December 3, 2021 While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.