One Georgian Drive
College Website: http://www.GeorgianC.on.ca
Posting Date: November 10, 2021
Salary Range: $66,555 - $115,378 (As per the Academic Collective Agreement)
Effective Date: December, 2021
This position will be assigned a Winter/Summer rotation but teaching assignments may be changed by the Dean/Associate Dean and occur in any of the three semesters.
We are seeking a full-time Professor for the Honours Bachelor of Business Administration (Management & Leadership) degree program. As a full-time faculty member at Georgian College you will have the opportunity to apply your passion for teaching and share your rich industry and academic experience by creating a supportive and effective learning environment which allows students to achieve their full academic potential. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Develop and deliver a wide variety of courses in our Honours Bachelor of Business Administration (Management & Leadership) program
• Evaluate student progress / achievement
• Maintain subject expertise through professional development, scholarly activity, contact with industry, other educational institutions and/or professional bodies
• Create and maintain a positive learning environment
• Incorporate a variety of learning / teaching strategies and technologies to meet student needs
• Participate in portfolio / academic / campus and college-wide activities as required
• Participate in course / curriculum revision, course / program revision and renewal activities
• Support the program with continuing scholarship in the field
• Develop alternative delivery strategies, and online course development and teaching, as required
• Detailed descriptions of responsibilities, are defined in the classification definition of professor in the Academic Collective Agreement
• PhD or Doctorate in Business, Leadership, Organizational Studies, Organizational Psychology or a related discipline
• At least 10 years relevant management/ corporate experience leading teams and projects
• Previous teaching experience at a postsecondary level and/or adult training experience
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Ability to effectively integrate new technology into teaching and learning
• Proven ability to contribute to, and work in, a positive team environment and to foster the same in their students
• Commitment to life-long learning
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse student populations
• Computer literacy: Microsoft Office Suite
• Evidence of research and scholarly activities
Additional Asset / Preferred:
• Industry Certification in Management or Leadership/Coaching, Project Management, Leadership Assessment Tools, Change Leadership Tools
• Publications in academic journals in a related area
• Experience with online course development and / or online teaching
• Experience in some or all of the following: curriculum development, universal design for learning, a variety of delivery strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising, and student success strategies
• Computer literacy: Learning Management System / Web Delivery Software (i.e. Blackboard) and Student Information Systems
• The ability to teach in more than one related program area
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to present a teaching lesson during the interview and / or present a professional portfolio.
Acceptable proof of education (degrees, credentials) from recognized post-secondary institutions or confirmation of international equivalencies will be required as part of the selection process.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Consideration will first be given to qualified internal full-time and partial-load employees, in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement
Applicants should submit an Academic CV
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Us and then to Career Opportunities.
Georgian College has a COVID-19 vaccination procedure in place. As a condition of employment, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 to work on any campus, or a facility owned, operated or controlled by Georgian College unless they have a valid medical or religious belief/creed reason for not getting vaccinated, which reason will be considered on a case by case basis and which will be subject to the College’s accommodation processes.
Applications for this position must be received by 11:59 p.m. on November 24, 2021. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.