One Georgian Drive
College Website: http://www.GeorgianC.on.ca
Posting Date: July 14, 2021
Salary Range: $65,555 - $115,378 (As per the Academic Collective Agreement)
Effective Date: December 2021
This position will be assigned a Fall/Winter rotation but teaching assignments may be changed by the Dean/Associate Dean and occur in any of the three semesters.
We are seeking a full-time Professor for the Engineering Technology program area. As a faculty member at Georgian College you will have the opportunity to apply your passion for teaching and share your rich industry experience by creating a supportive and effective learning environment which allows students to achieve their full academic potential. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Develop and deliver CADD courses in the Engineering Technology program area
• Will champion integration of Autodesk® AutoCAD®, Autodesk® Civil 3D® with information technology at the campus
• Will collaborate across programs to increase quality of CADD delivery
• Evaluate student progress / achievement
• Maintain subject expertise through professional development, contact with industry, other educational institutions, and/or professional bodies.
• Create and maintain a positive learning environment.
• Incorporate a variety of learning / teaching strategies and technologies to meet student needs.
• Participate in portfolio / academic / campus, and college-wide activities as required
• Participate in course / curriculum revision, course / program revision and renewal activities
• Develop alternative delivery strategies, and online course development and teaching, as required
• Detailed descriptions of responsibilities, are defined in the classification definition of professor in the Academic Collective Agreement
• A minimum of a 3 year advanced diploma in civil engineering technology, environmental technology or related field and/or a Bachelor Degree in one or more of the following fields: civil engineering, environmental science or equivalent
• Industrial experience of 3 years working directly with the operation and execution of Civil 3D and in teams within the last 5 years
• Current professional experience with the following applications: Autodesk® AutoCAD® (version 2015 or newer), and Autodesk® Civil 3D® (version 2015 or newer)
• Previous teaching experience at a postsecondary level and/or adult training experience.
• Practical skills in resolving information technology challenges.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Ability to effectively integrate new technology into teaching and learning
• Proven ability to contribute to, and work in, a positive team environment and to foster the same in their students
• Commitment to life-long learning
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse student populations
Additional Asset / Preferred:
• Preference will be given to applicants with CET designation or PEng designation depending on type of post secondary education
• Work experience with ESRI® ArcGIS® (version 2015 or newer).
• Work experience with Autodesk Revit (version 2015 or newer)
• Professional qualifications and/or certification from industry related bodies.
• Experience with online course development and / or online teaching.
• Experience in some or all of the following: curriculum development, universal design for learning, a variety of delivery strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising, and student success strategies
• Computer literacy: Learning Management System / Web Delivery Software (i.e. Blackboard) and Student Information Systems
• The ability to teach in more than one related program area
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to present a teaching lesson during the interview and / or present a professional portfolio.
Acceptable proof of education (degrees, credentials) from recognized post-secondary institutions or confirmation of international equivalencies will be required as part of the selection process.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Applications for this position must be received by 11:59 p.m. on September 24, 2021. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.