School of Language and Liberal Studies
Faculty of Access, Language and Regional Campuses
Employment Group: Faculty
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours of Work Per Week: 44
Closing Date: November 30, 2023
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: Previous applicants need not re-apply for this position. Your previously received application will still be considered.
A full-time Professor at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students. The successful candidate will teach courses in the Indigenous Studies Program in the School of Language and Liberal Studies.
• Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
• Excellent communicator
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners from different backgrounds
• Strong computer skills and familiarity with various technologies
• Related industry work experience
• Previous post-secondary teaching experience (hybrid and/or online delivery) and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are assets
• Post-secondary 3-year Bachelor’s degree in Indigenous Studies required
• Bachelor’s degree in Education desirable
• Master’s degree in Indigenous Studies, Aboriginal Education, or related area preferred
• Minimum 3 years’ experience and expertise in designing and delivering curriculum informed by Indigenous pedagogy required
• An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
• Strong working experience working with Indigenous communities and organizations required
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of Indigenous holistic well being, values, worldview, cultural protocols and learning styles required
• Experience in online and blended course development, design and delivery preferred
• Preference for a candidate with a lived Indigenous student experience
Approximate Start Date: December 11, 2023
Salary: Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $73,079 to $126,689 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.