1001 Fanshawe College Blvd. P.O. Box 7005
College Website: http://www.Fanshawec.ca
Woodstock/Oxford Regional Campus
Employment Group: Faculty
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours of Work Per Week: 44
Internal Close – January 12, 2023
External Close - Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
A full-time Professor at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students including classroom, clinical and simulation lab environments. The successful candidate will teach courses in the PSW programs at the Woodstock/Oxford Regional Campus.
• Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
• Excellent communicator
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
• Strong computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies are required
• Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery preferred
• Related industry work experience, previous college teaching experience and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are assets
• Post-secondary 4-year degree in Nursing and credential in PSW required
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, entitled to practice with no restrictions is required
• Minimum 5 years' related experience
• Keen interest in and understanding of the role of the PSW
• Interest in provincial and national initiatives related to nursing
• Must have current clinical experience in an acute care setting
• Additional clinical experience in gerontological practice settings is preferred
• Experience in curriculum development preferred
• This position may be subject to Clinical Placement Requirements which may include vaccinations and police vulnerable sector checks (PVSC)
Approximate Start Date: March 1, 2023
Salary: Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $67,221 to $116,532 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.