1001 Fanshawe College Blvd. P.O. Box 7005
College Website: http://www.Fanshawec.ca
School of Tourism, Hospitality and Culinary Arts
Faculty of Creative Industries
Employment Group: Faculty
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours of Work Per Week: 44
Internal Close – June 28 2022
External Close – July 6, 2022
Working at Fanshawe College
As an employee of Fanshawe College you may be required to work on-campus, remotely, or a combination thereof. Confirmation of your work location will be clarified with you upon hire, and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position.
A full-time Professor at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students. The successful candidate will teach a wide range of courses in the Culinary Arts cluster of programs. Candidates must be committed to teaching and mentoring students by engaging students in experiential education opportunities. The successful candidate will also provide support to ongoing research projects and recruitment activities.
• Demonstrated provision of academic leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to program quality excellence and student success
• Excellent communicator
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Evidence of commitment to the success of all learners
• Strong technical/computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies are required
• Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery preferred
• Related work experience, previous college teaching experience and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are preferred
• Modeling of College values – Focus on Students, Involve Our Communities, Utilize Resources Wisely, Embrace Change and Engage Each Other
• Minimum 2-year diploma in Culinary Arts
• Master’s degree in Culinary Arts, Food Science, or Hospitality and Tourism Management is preferred
• Safe Food Handlers Certification
• Experience in food related research projects
• Minimum 5 years’ practical experience related to food product development and food processing
• An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
• Strong preference given to candidates with post-secondary teaching experience, both face-to-face and online
Approximate Start Date: August 15, 2022
Salary: Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $67,221 to $116,532 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.