P.O. Box 385, 2000 Simcoe Street North
College Website: http://www.DurhamCollege.ca
About Durham College:
Durham College (DC) is leading the way as a post-secondary institution, offering an innovative and transformative student experience and hands-on learning opportunities. With this focus top of mind for our students and our employees, DC is proud to be one of the fastest-growing colleges in the province and annually ranked as one of the GTA’s Top 100 employers.
The college offers a wide range of market-driven programs across multiple disciplines, including culinary management, farming and horticulture, business, IT, construction and trades, science and technology, health care, engineering, social and community services, justice, media, art and design.
With a focus on experiential learning, DC graduates are known for having the skills and knowledge employers need. More than 104,000 alumni represent the college, both locally and around the world.
Serving the Durham Region and Northumberland County communities for over 50 years, with campuses in Oshawa and Whitby, the college offers over 12,500full-time post-secondary and apprenticeship students access to more than 145 full-time post-secondary programs – including four honours bachelor degrees and nine apprenticeship programs. Led by over 1,860 full- and part-time staff, DC has an estimated annual economic impact of more than $913 million on Durham Region.
Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. The Faculty of Skilled Trades & Apprenticeship requires a requires a full-time professor to teach in the following areas as a part of the Plumbing, Piping, and Steam post-secondary and apprenticeship programs:
- Plumbing Apprenticeship
- Mechanical Techniques Plumbing
- Trade Fundamentals
- Other diploma, certificate, and apprenticeship courses when required
Candidates must be available to teach Monday through Thursday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. and Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. For more information about the different courses available, please look at the link to our Faculty: https://durhamcollege.ca/academic-facul ... enticeship
The responsibilities of Durham College Professors include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodates students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences, and individual learning styles;
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Effectively using educational technologies to support learning, manage and post grades, and deliver hybrid and on-line courses;
- Developing curriculum that uses appropriate strategies and tools to assess student learning;
- Ensuring that course and program curriculum is current and relevant;
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Working effectively with students, the program team, and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- A Certificate of Qualification in Plumbing (306A). A Red Seal endorsement is an asset.
- A minimum of five years of recent and relevant work experience as a Journeyperson.
- Experience in various plumbing and piping installations in Residential, Commercial and Industrial sectors is preferred.
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level with a demonstrated understanding and application of UDL and current assessment methodologies.
- Experience participating in industry-led or community-based applied research is an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to putting the student experience first.
- Demonstrated use of current technologies to support student learning and the management of grades.
- Proven track record of life-long learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including students, faculty, support staff, administrators and community stakeholders.
- Understanding of the Ontario college system.
- Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide a teaching demonstration as part of the selection process.
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to https://jobs-ca.silkroad.com/DurhamColl ... jobId=2402. Job Competition closes on June 15, 2023. Competition number AC23-13
The starting salary range for full-time professors is $67,893 to $117,697 per annum as determined in the collective agreement for academic employees. Starting salaries are determined based on qualifications and years of related experience. Upon hire, the incumbent will receive a pay calculation to determine their step within the pay range.
Please note: Durham College requires copies of completed educational credentials at the time of hire. This may include copies of diplomas/degrees/certificates, an official transcript, and/or an official equivalency evaluation of international credentials (where applicable).