P.O. Box 398, 1450 Nakina Drive
Thunder Bay, Ontario
College Website: http://www.ConfederationC.on.ca
In keeping with our strategic plan commitment to fostering Access and Success, Community Prosperity and Institutional Excellence, we encourage applications from persons of Indigenous ancestry. In accordance with Confederation College’s core values of respect, caring and openness we are committed to providing our current and future employees with a workplace that is safe, healthy and fair. As such we are fragrance free, fully accessible and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Applicants requiring accommodation during the interview process should contact Human Resources Services at (807) 475-6148 to make appropriate arrangements.
- Bring excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to the College’s Paramedic program;
- Design/develop and deliver courses and field placements related to paramedic services;
- Engage students in both traditional classroom settings and through distance delivery using Centra, Blackboard and Two-way Video modalities, ensuring learner awareness of curriculum, their academic progression and evaluation of learning;
- Engage students in field placements;
- Provide an environment that makes effective use of available resources based on the cooperative learning theory while incorporating a variety of teaching and learning strategies to meet various learning styles and needs of students, particularly adult learners;
- Evaluate student progress and achievement using a variety of evaluative tools;
- Actively contribute to and care about our student success;
- Participate in learning resources selection;
- Participate in and contribute to special events, consultative committees and program and course curriculum design and revision;
- Assist, advise, coach and mentor students with course choices, career possibilities and opportunities to continue their education at the advanced degree level;
- Actively participate as a team member in departmental functions, initiatives and committee work;
- Contribute to the regular and ongoing development of the Paramedic program; and
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Candidates Must Possess the Following:
- An Ontario A-EMCA certification with MOH-EHS;
- Advanced Care Paramedic Certificate or higher;
- Knowledge of current paramedic symptom relief and Manual Defibrillation ALS standing orders through medical certification or equivalent;
- A minimum of seven years of recent progressively responsible work experience as a paramedic; and
- Current driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
The Preferred Candidate Will Have:
- A degree in a related field or in Education (Master’s level preferred);
- Teaching or training experience, in both stand-up delivery and distributed learning, at the college, university or corporate level;
- Experience in a leadership/management role;
- The ability to maintain and develop community, industry and government contacts;
- A commitment to education equity to teach diverse student populations and work with colleagues or clients from various backgrounds;
- A current professional affiliation;
- Proven ability to excel in a team environment and a demonstrated commitment to life-long learning; and
- Curriculum and program development experience is desirable, including innovative classroom presentation techniques.
Additional experience in some of the following areas would be an asset:
- Alternate delivery strategies, student success strategies, academic advising, adult learning theories, culturally competent teaching strategies, and educational applications of computer technologies.
Min Salary $66,555.00
Max Salary $115,378.00
Posting Close 06/07/2022
Desired Start Date 08/08/2022
Job Posting Link: https://confederationcollege.peopleadmi ... tings/2555