P.O. Box 398, 1450 Nakina Drive
Thunder Bay, Ontario
College Website: http://www.ConfederationC.on.ca
Job Title Professor - Dental Programs
Job Type Full-Time Professor
Organizational Unit Confederation College -> School of Health and Community Services
Location Thunder Bay Campus
Position Reports to Dean, School of Health and Community Services
In keeping with our strategic plan commitment to fostering Access and Success, Community Prosperity and Institutional Excellence, we encourage applications from persons of Indigenous ancestry. In accordance with Confederation College’s core values of respect, caring and openness we are committed to providing our current and future employees with a workplace that is safe, healthy and fair. As such we are fragrance free, fully accessible and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Applicants requiring accommodation during the interview process should contact Human Resources Services at (807) 475-6148 to make appropriate arrangements.
In accordance with Confederation College’s core values of respect, caring and openness we are committed to providing our current and future employees with a workplace that is safe, healthy and fair. As such we are fragrance free, fully accessible and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Applicants requiring accommodation during the interview process should contact Human Resources Services at (807) 475-6148 to make appropriate arrangements.
* Bring excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to the College’s Oral Health programs
* Design/develop and deliver courses, labs and clinical placements related to Dental Assisting and Dental Hygiene;
* Engage students in the classroom, distance learning, lab and clinical environment, ensuring learner awareness of curriculum, their academic progression and evaluation of learning;
* Utilize alternate delivery methods such as video conferencing, blended, and online learning;
* Coordinating and/or strategic planning responsibilities;
* Provide an environment that makes effective use of available resources based on the cooperative learning theory while incorporating a variety of teaching and learning strategies to meet various learning styles;
* Evaluate student progress and achievement using a variety of assessment tools;
* Actively contribute to, and care about our student success;
* Participate in learning resources selection;
* Participate in and contribute to special events, consultative committees and program and course curriculum design and revision;
* Assist, advise, coach and mentor students with course choices, career possibilities and opportunities to continue their education at the advanced degree level;
* Prepare and participate in program accreditations;
* Actively participate as a team member in departmental functions, initiatives and committee work; and
* Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
* A diploma in Dental Hygiene as well as a degree in a related discipline, preferably at the Master’s level;
* Current registration as a Dental Hygienist with the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario (CDHO) with the ability to be self-initiated and ability to prescribe as per CDHO;
* Recent dental experience including experience as a dental assistant and/or teaching in a dental assisting program;
* A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in dental hygiene or Level II Dental Assisting.
* Significant demonstrated knowledge and experience working with Indigenous people and communities;
* A commitment to education equity to teach diverse student populations and work with colleagues or clients from various backgrounds.
Salary Range PROFESSOR Payband : $66,555.00 to $115,378.00
Posting Type Permanent
Application Deadline 06/11/2021