299 Doon Valley Drive
College Website: http://www.ConestogaC.on.ca
Reference #: 22-050
Dept. / Campus: School of Health & Life Sciences/Doon
Posting Date: January 10, 2022
Closing Date: January 24, 2022
Vacancy Type: Academic Full-time Replacement Position
(Full-time Academic employees and current partial-load employees or persons who have been partial-load employees within 4 months prior to the posting are considered internal applicants and will be given first consideration)
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves around the world and in our local community, Conestoga College continues to adjust plans based on the guidance provided by our local Public Health authority. Considering these unprecedented circumstances, all final hiring decisions remain contingent upon confirmed enrolment numbers and the evolving work environment. Conestoga College will take appropriate measures to protect the safety and well-being of our college community and prospective candidates throughout the recruitment and selection process, including the scheduling of remote interviews.
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry, and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
As a preferred employer, Conestoga is committed to supporting the development and well-being of our employees through competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and ongoing professional and personal learning opportunities that result in enhanced skills, shared successes, and an engaged college community.
Although many of our employees are currently working remotely, this position is governed by the applicable legislation of the Province of Ontario. Successful candidates will be required to conduct work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus as required.
The School of Health & Life Sciences is currently seeking a qualified professional to join the Personal Support Worker program team. Under the direction of the Chair, the Professor is responsible for providing the delivery of curriculum, development of an effective learning environment for students, and academic leadership:
• Designing, updating, and delivering a variety of courses including project courses
• Defining, evaluating, and validating program and course learning outcomes
• Developing alternative delivery strategies, online course development, and teaching as required
• Ensuring program and course curriculum are current, relevant, and reflective of best practices in the field
• Designing appropriate strategies and tools for facilitating and evaluating student progress and achievement
• Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment that supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds and learning styles
• Participating in department, portfolio/school and college-wide activities/task groups as required
• Working in a collaborative, collegial manner both within the department and across the college
• Support applied research activities including the identification and selection of potential projects
• Development of industry partnerships and collaboration with industry partners
• Fulfilling responsibilities as defined in the Academic Employees Collective Agreement
• Bachelor’s Degree plus current Certificate of Competence as a Registered Nurse in the province of Ontario or a three-year Diploma with a current Certificate of Competence as a Registered Nurse in the province of Ontario issued prior to 2005 (Master’s Degree is considered an asset)
• Minimum of five years of nursing experience related to seniors’ care
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the PSW role within long-term care and/or community care is required
• Experience with teaching PSW and/or Supportive Care program theory and/or lab is required
• Experience as a PSW and/or management of PSWs is preferred
• Understanding of the challenges for the PSW workforce, and PSW Training Standards and Competencies is preferred
• Experience with scholarly activities such as conducting research, leading program evaluation or quality improvement initiatives or implementation of best practices is preferred
• Experience with curriculum development is an asset
• Experience of computer systems (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite) and educational technologies (e.g., D2L) is preferred
• Demonstrated exceptional presentation, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of an academic team
• Demonstrated ability to relate to learners and providing a positive learning environment to students working at different skill levels including international students and students requiring accommodation is an asset
• Strong commitment to academic excellence, student success, and ability to support Conestoga’s continuous quality improvement initiatives
• Strong relationships with industry contacts and network connections is considered an asset
Successful applicants will commence employment in April 2022. The vacation period for this position will be scheduled during the Winter semester.
Please apply on the college website: https://employment.conestogac.on.ca/Vie ... px?id=4540