P.O. Box 631, Station A
College Website: http://www.CentennialCollege.ca
The Business School
Job ID: J0122-0652
Classification: Full-time Faculty
Posting Date: January 12, 2022
Closing Date: January 26, 2022
Salary: As per Academic Collective Agreement
Centennial College recognizes and affirms Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Indigenous ways of knowing as central to the vibrancy and uniqueness of its learning and working academic mission. We strongly encourage applications from members of Indigenous communities and all equity-deserving groups including Women, Racialized, Persons with Disabilities, and LGBTQ+ communities.
We also recognize that Centennial is situated on the Treaty Lands of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and pay tribute to their legacy as well as that of all First Peoples that have been and remain present here in Toronto. We recognize that First Peoples come from sovereign Nations and that part of understanding our responsibilities of residing on this territory are understanding the true history, circumstances and legacy of the Treaties signed here (such as the Toronto Purchase, Robinson-Huron Treaty and Williams Treaties) and including pre-contact Treaties and Agreements between sovereign Nations and that all peoples in this area are therefore Treaty people with obligations and responsibilities to all our relations.
The successful candidate will be teaching in the classroom, in the Department of Marketing, Retail, and Project Management studies, within The Business School. He or she will participate in program and course development, course modifications, program advisory committees, program accreditation, applied research initiatives (where applicable), community outreach and on-going future program needs.
• Use effective interpersonal communication skills with students, faculty, management and external partners or community members, showing a sensitivity to intercultural communication
• Provide and promote a respectful and supportive environment based on the principles of inclusion, equity and diversity
• Work effectively in a team-based environment
• Create a positive teaching environment
• Use a variety of appropriate teaching/learning strategies
• Use academic technology effectively to enhance and support learning
• Evaluate student achievement of learning outcomes using a variety of techniques
• Develop, revise and adapt appropriate learning resources for students
• Engage students to create a positive teaching and learning environment
• Critically examine learning materials and classroom instructional practice for discriminatory bias or barriers
• Provide academic support to students as part of regularly scheduled office hours
• Contribute as a subject matter expert to support curriculum development and revision
• Maintain contacts with relevant industry and professional associations
• Remain current in technical knowledge and instructional delivery techniques
• Attend meetings, maintain records of student grades/assessments, and participate in meetings and activities pertinent to faculty responsibilities
• Master’s Degree in Marketing or related field of study (e.g. MBA with a marketing focus)
• Bachelor of Education preferred
• Minimum of 8 years relevant industry; experience in both industry (client) and agency service roles preferred
• Minimum of two years of teaching experience at the adult and/or post-secondary level
• Experience in course or learning materials development required
• Demonstrated competent written, oral and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to work within a team is essential
• Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion to meet the needs of our diverse students, staff and college community
Apply online: www.centennialcollege.ca/careers
Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer.
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by January 26, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST. Please quote Job ID J0122-0652. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).