P.O. Box 631, Station A
College Website: http://www.CentennialCollege.ca
Professor, Mathematics and Applied Physics
School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science
Job ID: J1121-1119
Classification: Full-time Faculty
Campus/Location: Progress Campus
Posting Date: November 17th, 2021
Closing Date: November 24th, 2021
Salary: As per Academic Collective Agreement
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons
We also recognize that Centennial is situated on the Treaty Lands of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and pay tribute to their legacy as well as that of all First Peoples that have been and remain present here in Toronto. We recognize that First Peoples come from sovereign Nations and that part of understanding our responsibilities of residing on this territory are understanding the true history, circumstances and legacy of the Treaties signed here (such as the Toronto Purchase, Robinson-Huron Treaty and Williams Treaties) and including pre-contact Treaties and Agreements between sovereign Nations and that all peoples in this area are therefore Treaty people with obligations and responsibilities to all our relations.
The Professor, Mathematics and Applied Physics will be teaching within the classroom, computer laboratory and field settings in the School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science. In addition, the successful candidate will participate in program and course development, course modifications, program advisory committees, program accreditation, applied research initiatives, community outreach and on-going future program needs.
• Provide and promote a respectful and supportive environment based on the principles of inclusion, equity and diversity
• Create a positive teaching environment
• Use a variety of appropriate teaching/learning strategies
• Use academic technology effectively to enhance and support learning
• Evaluate student achievement of learning outcomes using a variety of techniques
• Develop, revise and adapt appropriate learning resources for students
• Engage students to create a positive teaching and learning environment
• Critically examine learning materials and classroom instructional practice for discriminatory bias or barriers
• Provide academic support to students as part of regularly scheduled office hours
• Contribute as a subject matter expert to support curriculum development and revision
• Maintain contacts with relevant industry and professional associations
• Remain current in technical knowledge and instructional delivery techniques
• Participate in reflective practice for continuing learning and development
• Attends meetings, maintains records of student grades/assessments, and participates in meetings and activities pertinent to faculty responsibilities
• Participate in accreditation planning and implementation.
• Master’s Degree in Math, Physics, or Engineering
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience teaching mathematics at the post-secondary level, including specific experience teaching mathematics in technology & applied sciences
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
• Demonstrated experience in curriculum design and development.
• Demonstrated ability with online, hybrid, and blended learning methods of delivery and assessment.
• Demonstrated competent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a team
• Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion through flexible teaching methodology to meet the needs of our diverse students, staff and college community
Apply online: www.centennialcollege.ca/careers
Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer.
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by November 24th, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST. Please quote Job ID J1121-1119. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).