Closing Date/Time: 8/18/2023 12:00 PM Eastern
Salary: $67,893.00 - $117,697.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time Professor
Location: Sudbury, ON P3A 3V8
Cambrian College is committed to student success, lifelong learning, and responding to the diverse needs of students in today’s ever-changing global marketplace. Within this dynamic, student-centered environment, the School of Business has been delivering vocationally relevant and in-demand education programs since the College first opened its doors in 1967. Today, the School of Business offers more than 24 certificates, diploma, advanced diplomas, undergraduate degrees, and graduate certificate programs. Within this context of inspiring innovation and excellence, the School of Business and Information Technology is currently seeking a full-time Professor to teach in the School of Business specializing in Marketing beginning August 2023.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate is expected to be a marketing professional who will be required to teach a variety of marketing/business courses within BBA, HBBA, and the other programs delivered by the School of Business. Please click here to see the programs offered in this degree program. The incumbent will also be required to engage in a variety of activities that support teaching and learning and promote student success. These will include curriculum development, lesson planning, assessing student progress and achievement, and class management. Beyond their teaching duties, the successful candidate will be expected to establish an effective learning environment and work as a collaborative team member contributing to the overall direction of the school. In addition, the successful applicant will play an active role in student advising and student recruitment, assisting with the promotion and marketing of the program, and graduate placements.
These activities will require that the incumbent assist in the development and maintenance of strong industry connections and community partnerships. Lastly, the incumbent will also have the opportunity to participate on College and school committees to advance the College’s strategic priorities.
(Cambrian’s academic year consists of three semesters, and this role may be required to deliver courses during the summer months. Cambrian offers programs and courses in-person, online, or in a HyFlex mode of delivery, which includes in-person, virtual synchronous, or fully online asynchronous participation, and this role may be required to deliver courses in multiple modes.)
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration with a major/specialization/primary focus on Marketing, or a related area. (A copy of educational documents must be submitted with the application *** education completed outside of Canada, applicants are required to submit a WES or ICAS with their application).
- Five years of work experience in the industry, corporate sector, business, or research in Marketing.
- Previous teaching experience at the postsecondary level.
- Ability to relate and communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with others and function effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to provide leadership and mentorship and be an effective role model in the classroom.
- Ability to utilize creative teaching approaches and current and emerging teaching and learning strategies to enhance student success.
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of educational technologies, including in-class media presentation systems, learning management systems, and other relevant classroom technologies.
- Ability to work with students from diverse educational, religious, and cultural backgrounds.
- Solid commitment to students and education.
- Excellent written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer literacy and effective critical thinking and organizational skills.
- A Ph.D. in Business Administration with a focus on Marketing.
- Work experience or research experience in Digital Marketing/Technology supporting digital business.
To be considered, applicants must provide the following as an attachment:
- Educational documents
- WES/ICAS Equivalence if degrees/diplomas are from a Non-Canadian University
- Teaching Philosophy Statement
To apply online, please click on the following link: ”, https://gjobs.neogov.ca/careers/cambriancollege?