1400 Barrydowne Road
College Website: http://www.CambrianC.on.ca
Closing Date/Time Fri. 10/29/21 12:00 PM Eastern Time
Salary $66,555.00 - $115,378.00 Annually
Job Type Full Time Professor
Location 1400 Barrydowne Road, Sudbury, ON P3A 3V8
Cambrian College is committed to student success, lifelong learning, and responding to the diverse needs of students in today’s ever-changing global marketplace. Within this dynamic, student-centered environment, the School of Engineering Technology and Environmental Studies has been delivering vocationally relevant and in-demand education programs since the College first opened its doors in 1967. Today, the Schools of Skills Training, Engineering Technology, and Environmental Studies offers more than 23 certificate, diploma, advanced diploma, and graduate certificate programs. Within this context of inspiring innovation and excellence, the School of Engineering Technology and Environmental Studies is currently seeking a full-time Professor to begin January 2022.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will be required to teach a variety of courses in the Electromechanical Engineering Technician/Technology – Mechatronics program. Subject areas may include mechatronics-related theory and lab classes, two- and three-dimensional modelling, automation and manufacturing systems, as well as programming. The incumbent will also be required to engage in a variety of activities that support teaching and learning and promote student success. These will include: curriculum development, lesson planning, assessing student progress and achievement, and class management.
Beyond their teaching duties, the successful candidate will be expected to establish an effective learning environment and work as a collaborative team member, contributing to the overall direction of the program. In addition, the successful applicant will play an active role in student advising and student recruitment, assisting with the promotion and marketing of the program, and graduate placement. These activities will require that the incumbent assist in the development and maintenance of strong industry connections and community partnerships. Lastly, the incumbent will also
have the opportunity to participate in applied research activities and on College and school committees to advance the College’s strategic priorities.
(Cambrian’s academic year consists of three semesters, and this role may be required to deliver courses during the summer months. Cambrian offers programs and courses in-person, online, or in a HyFlex mode of delivery, which includes in-person, virtual synchronous, or fully online asynchronous participation, and this role may be required to deliver courses in multiple modes.)
• Postsecondary degree in Mechatronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline. (A copy of educational documents must be submitted with application *** education completed outside of Canada, applicants are required to submit a WES or ICAS with their application)
• Three to five years of recent industry experience.
• Previous teaching experience at the postsecondary level.
• Ability to relate and communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with others and function effectively within a team environment.
• Ability to provide leadership and mentorship and be an effective role model in the classroom.
• Ability to utilize creative teaching approaches and current and emerging teaching and learning strategies to enhance student success.
• Demonstrated ability to use a variety of educational technologies, including in-class media presentation systems, learning management systems, and other relevant classroom technologies.
• Ability to work with students from diverse educational, religious, and cultural backgrounds.
• Solid commitment to students and education.
• Excellent written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer literacy and effective critical thinking and organizational skills.
• Graduate credential in a discipline relevant to Engineering
• Member of Professional Engineers Ontario or related professional organization.
To be considered, candidates must provide the following as an attachment:
• Educational documents
o WES/ICAS Equivalence if degrees/diplomas are from a Non-Canadian University
• Annual membership in recognized professional organization, if applicable.
• Graduate credential in a disciple relevant to Engineering, if applicable
• Teaching Philosophy Statement
To apply online, please click on the following link: ”, https://gjobs.neogov.ca/careers/cambriancollege?