1400 Barrydowne Road
College Website: http://www.CambrianC.on.ca
Closing Date/Time Fri. 10/22/21 12:00 PM Eastern Time
Salary $66,555.00 - $115,378.00 Annually
Job Type Full Time Professor
Location 1400 Barrydowne Road, Sudbury, ON P3A 3V8
Cambrian College is committed to student success, lifelong learning, and responding to the diverse needs of students in today’s ever-changing global marketplace. Within this dynamic, student-centered environment, the School of Business and Information Technology has been delivering vocationally relevant and in-demand education programs since the College first opened its doors in 1967. Today, the School of Business and Information Technology offers more than 24 certificate, diploma, advanced diploma, and graduate certificate programs. Within this context of inspiring innovation and excellence, the School of Business and Information Technology is currently seeking a full-time Professor to teach in its General Business program beginning January 2022.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate is expected to be a business generalist who will be required to teach a variety of business courses in different programs being offered by the School of Business. Please click here to see the programs offered in the School of Business. The incumbent will also be required to engage in a variety of activities that support teaching and learning and promote student success. These will include curriculum development, lesson planning, assessing student progress and achievement, and class management. Beyond their teaching duties, the successful candidate will be expected to establish an effective learning environment and work as a collaborative team member contributing to the overall direction of the school. In addition, the successful applicant will play an active role in student advising and student recruitment, assisting with the promotion and marketing of the program, and graduate placements.
These activities will require that the incumbent assist in the development and maintenance of strong industry connections and community partnerships. Lastly, the incumbent will also have the opportunity to participate on College and school committees to advance the College’s strategic priorities.
(Cambrian’s academic year consists of three semesters, and this role may be required to deliver courses during the summer months. Cambrian offers programs and courses in-person, online, or in a HyFlex mode of delivery, which includes in-person, virtual synchronous, or fully online asynchronous participation, and this role may be required to deliver courses in multiple modes.)
• A Ph.D. in Business, Accounting, or a related area. (A copy of educational documents must be submitted with application *** education completed outside of Canada, applicants are required to submit a WES or ICAS with their application).
• Five years of relevant work experience in industry/corporate sector/business.
• Previous teaching experience at the postsecondary level.
• Ability to relate and communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with others and function effectively within a team environment.
• Ability to provide leadership and mentorship and be an effective role model in the classroom.
• Ability to utilize creative teaching approaches and current and emerging teaching and learning strategies to enhance student success.
• Demonstrated ability to use a variety of educational technologies, including in-class media presentation systems, learning management systems, and other relevant classroom technologies.
• Ability to work with students from diverse educational, religious, and cultural backgrounds.
• Solid commitment to students and education.
• Excellent written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer literacy and effective critical thinking and organizational skills.
To be considered, candidates must provide the following as an attachment:
• Educational documents
• WES/ICAS Equivalence if degrees/diplomas are from a Non-Canadian University
• Teaching Philosophy Statement
To apply online, please click on the following link: ”, https://gjobs.neogov.ca/careers/cambriancollege?